Last weekends I spend my precious weekends to travelled down to Johor Bahru as attending Area Peninsular Central-South (APCS) Convention, hosted by JCI Johor Bahru Entrepreneur, the first time in JCI history!
The convention director is – Ng Chen Yee; seriously, he is very tall!
And the convention area chairman is JCI Senator Terry Ong, a very capable man:
The very first session of the whole convention is – President Forum. I still can recalled the time I participated (last year) as chief delegate and I was there in the same session to present President Report. Time flies…..
The whole convention occupied almost half of the “Johor Largest 5-star hotel” – KSL Hotel, as you can see we were actively running activities across the places:
This year, it is a little bit different for myself, especially I was giving the honor to sit at the seat “Area Special Assistant” in General Assembly (I & II):
————–[JCI Mines Journey]————–
This year, JCI Mines have 6 delegates including myself is actively participate in the convention while the other two is attending partial of the sessions only.
So first, I wish to thank:
1) President NIcholas Koay – as he actively participate in major sessions with guiding the members at the same time; In the result, he awarded “President Forum Most Interactive President Award”……………………….:
2) Secretary-General (SG) Li Hsia – as she keep assisting the president as well as the whole team from JCI Mines in many matters.
3) VP International Spencer Lee – especially he is the one that planned the whole routine/programs for JCI Mines with president.
4) Honorary Treasurer Edwin Howe – as he is the one that really active himself to participate as well as helping some sessions as recording secretary!
5) VP Business Jessica Tong – as she is take up the courage to participated in Public Speaking (Mandarin) and won as 2nd runner-up!
6) Jaycee Karen Lau – as she is the one that helping a lots for JCI Mines and me as well as recording secretary, preparing this and that…..
7) Past President (PP) June Cheng – as she is the Area Secretary who really served the area team a lots!
Lastly, we had a very nice group photo, including Chapter Advisor JCI Senator George Ong and National Vice President (NVP) Assigned Joanne Cheah:
————–[Jay Chong Journey]————–
For myself, I’m very glad that area team assigned “Mission I’m Possible” to me:
Session Chairman(ssss) for
I’m so glad that IPP Sam Thang from JCI Kuala Lumpur willing to be the session recording secretary. (spot him as he’s sitting right on my left hand side).
Chairing such session really not easy, because:
- You need to deal with Past National President (PNP), such as Past National President (PNP) Joseph Chieng (2011), who won more than 5 awards in total during his terms of office.
- to make sure the whole session is supported, in terms of facility, environment…… for 4 hours!
- Invited guest – National Immediate Past President (NIPP) Alex Chok, who is also the Award Chairman for JCI Malaysia E-Awards 2013.
Debating Competition (English)
Again, it’s my upmost pleasure to chair such wonderful event especially last year I’m just audience who sitting behind to watch the competition.
I’m so glad and happy that seniors is really supportive towards the competition, especially:
JCI Senator Eric Ng who served as National Executive Vice President (NEVP), won more than 5 Individual Awards in Public Speaking, Debating……awards as well as awarded as Most Active Trainer in Area Peninsular Central-South (APCS), as the third invited judge as well.
I’m so glad that I managed to invited 4 very POWERFUL speakers to the session:
[Half] The Parliamentary Procedure Quiz
This is the one that make me really spending a lots of time on preparation, especially I need to promote the preliminary round through online and allow participants to take part via online at the same time. The contest is initiated by Past National President (PNP) Ong Seng Huat.
Regarding online base, I wish to thank Jaycee Edwin Howe for assisting me on collecting and compiling results, as well as invitation finalist to the final round.
Lastly, me myself awarded this:
Thank you and best regards,
Jay Chong Yen Jye
JCIM Area Peninsular Central-South (APCS) Special Assistant (System Development)
Immediate Past President 2013
Junior Chamber International Mines (Malaysia)
Mobile: 016-7806997; Email: email@example.com
2013 Presidential Theme: Unity and Friendship (B.U.S.I.N.E.S.S.)